FIST FIGHT ---> Olive Branch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIST FIGHT ---> Olive Branch

This has gone to far this time, I am tired of the behavior, on both sides, within this community. The constant back and forth is nonsensical at best.

I personally have maintained a steady silence over the past 4-5 years in regards to the vendor back and forth. The constant social media squabbling's is mind numbing and only divides the platform.

I firmly believe with the empirical evidence we have gathered over the past 6yrs+ working on these cars we have an accurate understanding of what is going on, and the other side whom ever they or where ever they work believe they have the same. To reply to every claim would be exhaustive at this point and not beneficial to anyone.

I agree to disagree and I am willing to leave it at this. I do not want this to escalate further.

What happened over the past few days was essentially an all out fist fight. Now after a fist fight, at-least in my day, was that you shake hands and part ways, either as friends or respected enemies.

Unfortunately I do not see this happening in this scenario.

I would like to make an olive branch offering at this point. Accept the fact we will both exist and maintain a respectful co-existence.

That is my offering to all parties involved, I will reign in those I need to reign in, I will do my part with the expectation of the same.

Leave the differences in the Past and Move Forward. Life is too short.

Looking forward to your reply.

-Chris
    Last edited by [email protected]; 02-14-2019, 10:08 AM.
    EUROCOMPULSION - PERFORMANCE ABARTH, FIAT & ALFA PARTS

I think this is definitely a high road proposal.

Both parties (and those heavily associated with each party) agree to simply keep the peace. If a customer or potential customer inquires about the other vendor, let that customer develop their own opinion/judgement. No bashing, no arguing, no disagreeing. Each person needs to decide the following:

1. You go with EC and what they advise with your car
    2. You go with Tork and what they advise with your car
    3. You do neither or someone else (madness, openflash, etc)

Lets get this community back on track. This is extremely exhausting for everyone.

Thoughts?

Comment

It takes a big man to try to negotiate for peace when he's been attacked for so long. I respect and admire your effort here.

Comment

Class act!

Comment

Once upon a time I used to roll my eyes at the people that claimed they were leaving the community due to the amount of drama. What a ridiculous idea to sell your car just because a handful of bad apples were ruining it for everyone.

I'm sorry it's gotten to the point where I can honestly say "I get it now". Can't have anything nice.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
            The constant social media squabbling's is mind numbing and only divides the platform.

-Chris
            Exactly this, it's become a total cluster. I feel like we're arguing politics at this point

Comment

Originally posted by NGEN View Post
              I think this is definitely a high road proposal.

Both parties (and those heavily associated with each party) agree to simply keep the peace. If a customer or potential customer inquires about the other vendor, let that customer develop their own opinion/judgement. No bashing, no arguing, no disagreeing. Each person needs to decide the following:

1. You go with EC and what they advise with your car
              2. You go with Tork and what they advise with your car
              3. You do neither or someone else (madness, openflash, etc)

Lets get this community back on track. This is extremely exhausting for everyone.

Thoughts?
              Chris has been EXTREMELY diplomatic and patient with these insults being hurled. For YEARS. To his credit, it's ALWAYS the other guy who throws the first punch. It's infantile and nothing more than a pissing match.
              Just ban and block the offenders and move on.
              Phase 0, 4C Coils, Rear Konis, Neu-f rear bar, El Gato Braces, Craven shifter, Corza Forza Fazool Fizzle Fazzle

Comment

I think we all (EC) second Chris' sentiments, and have agreed to move forward in this way.

There's just too many claims, hearsay, and rumors going on both in the foreground and background (and from too many parties) to be able to address them all. I'd rather take the high road, and continue with our work/customer support. Ultimately the fate of this platform is more important to me than any argument or debate. When I see customers discouraged, or jaded, then something is wrong and needs to cease, even if it's at our expense.
                Last edited by FCACHATADMIN(2); 02-15-2019, 03:33 PM. Reason: **From Admin: Edited and moved post to more appropriate subject location with permission

Comment

I used to go Tit for Tat but looking back I realize how silly I was, at the end of the day if your happy with your car & friends that’s all that matters

Comment

Working...
                  X