Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 500 Abarth from Marysville, OH

Hey guys,

My name is Shailer and I currently live in Marysville, OH. Body engineer for Honda R&D. I've had my 2013 500 Abarth for about 2.5 years now.

My current setup is a 1752 with Tork tune. Home made fenderwell, front mount, and exhaust. Meth injected. Home made chassis braces and rear torsion bar. Neuf springs and kyb rear shocks. Have a bunch of other stuff done here and there so feel free to ask anything.

This car has been a blast between autocross and track days and I've met a lot of great people because of it. I'm not a straight line guy, but if you're ever in the area come line em up.

How'd you do the chassis braces? Also I have a 32mm bar I want to get lathed down to fit the rear brackets, but all the machine shops here want like $200 to lathe the ends. I might as well buy one that already fits and is powder coated.

Comment

I had some tube laying around so I don't recall the sizes off hand. But here was the process.

1. Get tube that will fit the socket for the mounting bolts.
      2. Cut 4 pieces to ~1 inch length.
      3. Use a hole saw to cut discs that are close to the OD of the tube from Step 1.
      4. Weld discs to the pieces from Step 2.
      5. Bolt these cups to the car so you ensure you hit the mounting points.
      6. Get smaller tube and cut to approximate length/grind for exact fit between the cups.
      7. Tack connector tube in while everything is on car and then remove for finish welding.

Really not much material required if you've got the resources to do the rest

Comment

Working...
      X