Attention Lawn Guylanders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention Lawn Guylanders

The annual Bridgehampton Road Rally takes place this Saturday, October 6th. I've always wanted to attend this, and I think this is the year I'll make it, weather permitting. If it's a nice clear day, the East End is a great place to be at this time of year.

https://www.danspapers.com/2018/10/b...lly-october-6/

"Bridgehampton has a rich history of racing. These early sponsored races evolved to be a true spectacle in the late 1940s and early 1950s, inspired by the original Watkins Glen racetrack in upstate New York. European racing cars climbed to speeds over 100 mph on a short 4-mile course that ran through Bridgehampton and Sagaponack. In 1953, due to the death of a street racer, New York State banned street racing altogether. However, in its brief heyday, racing stars such as Briggs Cunningham, Tommy Cole, George Huntoon, Fred Wacker, the Collier brothers, Bob Grossman, John Fitch, Dave Garroway and many others raced out on the East End in front of grand crowds."

For those not familiar, Bob Grossman was the importer of Maseratis before they had any kind of distribution network, That was the way it was in the old days. Luigi Chinetti brought in Ferraris, Grossman brought in Maseratis, so if you wanted a Sebring, a Mexico, Merak or Bora, he was the man. Fitch and Cunningham were racing legends in their own right.

Phase 0, 4C Coils, Rear Konis, Neu-f rear bar, El Gato Braces, Craven shifter, Corza Forza Fazool Fizzle Fazzle
Working...
X