Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW VIDEO! HOW TO install Bosch Ignition Coils & Brisk Spark Plugs on a 1.4L Turbo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW VIDEO! HOW TO install Bosch Ignition Coils & Brisk Spark Plugs on a 1.4L Turbo

In this video, we show you how to install a set of Alfa 4C ignition coils and Brisk Racing Spark Plugs on a Fiat 124 Spider. This also applies to all 1.4l turbocharged engines including the Fiat 500 Abarth, Fiat 500T, Dodge Dart, Fiat 500X and FIat 500L.

Tools Needed:
    Small Flathead
    10mm socket
    3/8” Extension
    3/8” Socket Wrench
    5/8” Deep Socket Socket (for Spark Plug Removal)

Royalty-Free Music Provided by: iMovie

If you LIKE the video, please give it a THUMBS UP!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE and hit the NOTIFICATION BELL so you never miss a video!

To purchase a set of Alfa 4C Ignition Coils, click here:

https://ngencustomsandperformance.co...t-applications

To purchase a set of Brisk Racing Spark Plugs, click here:

https://ngencustomsandperformance.co...t-applications

For all of your Fiat, Abarth & Dodge Dart performance parts, please visit our website at:

https://www.ngencustomsandperformance.com

Instagram:
    @ngencustomsandperformance

Facebook:
    /ngencustoms

Questions:

E-mail: info@ngencustomsandperformance.com
    Call/Text: 832-948-9409
    Last edited by NGEN; 01-15-2019, 02:05 PM.

Lest not forget my snarkily demonstrated removal of the coil pack connectors sans tools as a response to the Facebook geniuses who kept prying the clips with screwdrivers to the point of breakage.

Comment

Neuman

could you imagine if I did it that way and showed people that, how many would rip them off and damage them? Lol that would be terrible! You have obviously mastered it. So hopefully people will see how easy it is to remove them as long as you are careful.

Comment

Oh, I know. There was a group of real "smart guys" on one of the Facebook groups way back claiming that it couldn't be done. So you know... had to just gone 'head and do it. Lol

It amazes me the way some people can overcomplicate the simplest of things. It's plastic, it can get brittle and yet there will always be that one Mister Ham Hands that goes out with the largest flat head he has and snaps it clean off. Wrenching ain't for everyone but Christ that doesn't stop some people from trying.

Comment

I recently actually had someone break one of these on me. Oddly enough they actually broke the central black tab/latch and not the yellow portion of the clip. Not too torn up about it though. I'm pretty good with electrical work and they're replaceable - https://www.digikey.com/product-deta...025-ND/2329179

Comment

Question:

does the angled coil pack connector also prevent the use of the engine cover on Abarth 500s? Or is that unique to the 124?
            Phase 0, Rear Konis, Neu-f rear bar, El Gato Braces, Craven shifter

Comment

Originally posted by Mp3Guy View Post
              Question:

does the angled coil pack connector also prevent the use of the engine cover on Abarth 500s? Or is that unique to the 124?
              I haven't noticed a problem on the 500. I've run the EC cover and a CPR one with the angled coils.

Comment

Originally posted by Mp3Guy View Post
                Question:

Only unique to the Fiat 124. The OEM coils on the 500, dart, 500l and 500x are all angled like the Bosch. The factory coils on the 124 are mopar instead of BERU which is why they are different.
                Last edited by NGEN; 01-20-2019, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X