No announcement yet.

ASK EUROCOMPULSION® Technical Assistance/Development/Product Information

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotchya, thank you good Sir! I think my next point of assessment will be the wastegate solenoid.. (I upgraded the wastegate to one of your TurboSmart models just in case The stock one was failing)

It seems like this type of problem can be one of many different things unfortunately..

Any more suggestions or common points of failure that come to mind?

Comment

Looking for location of MAP sensor on 2014 Abarth (usa) - which I believe is on passenger side on intake manifold? If so what is the sensor on the cold side charge pipe leading up to the throttle body?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BecauseAbarth View Post
        Looking for location of MAP sensor on 2014 Abarth (usa) - which I believe is on passenger side on intake manifold? If so what is the sensor on the cold side charge pipe leading up to the throttle body?

Thanks
        MAP Sensor is located on the intake manifold on the passenger side.

Boost Pressure Sensor is located on the charge pipe under the battery tray.

FYI, if you are getting codes PO069, P1185 and/or PO105, it might not be the MAP Sensor. It might be the Throttle Position Sensor which is built in the throttle body. These throttle bodies are not the greatest, particularly with added power. If the TPS is acting up, it will potentially trigger a PO105. Just dealt with this on the NGEN Abarth.

Comment

Thanks Bryan, didnt even think about throttle position sensor - can that be replaced or would a new throttle body be a better option? was thinking about cleaning map and boost sensor because I used to have a lot of blow by oil before cleaning my AOS - recently got a p0105 code - just trying to smooth everything out - mpg has recently dropped so was thinking it had something to due with MAP

Comment

Nevermind - looks like whole replacement throttle body is in order if it ends up being that

Comment

Originally posted by BecauseAbarth View Post
              Nevermind - looks like whole replacement throttle body is in order if it ends up being that
              yes that is correct. I replaced the map and boost pressure sensors first but still ended up still having the issue. That’s what lead me to the throttle body.

Comment

Hello,
                I have two Questions please

- Will the TurboSmart WGA work on a 500x 1.4 turbo. I would think so or am I missing something? If it will work is there any difference between which one to purchase (500 ABARTH, Dart 1.4t etc...)?

- Is there a ED flash tune available for the 500x 1.4 turbo? I have seen the question asked however I did not see an answer.

Thank you!

Comment

Yes, the Turbosmart works on all iterations of the 1.4 turbo. It doesn't matter which you select from the EC store, they are the same product.

Comment

Originally posted by RossoRocket View Post
                    Hello,
                    I have two Questions please

- Will the TurboSmart WGA work on a 500x 1.4 turbo. I would think so or am I missing something? If it will work is there any difference between which one to purchase (500 ABARTH, Dart 1.4t etc...)?

- Is there a ED flash tune available for the 500x 1.4 turbo? I have seen the question asked however I did not see an answer.

Thank you!
                    Mneuman916 is correct regarding the turbosmart.

We are currently working on the 1.4L Jeep renegade in regards with communication via the OBD2 port. Hopefully we will have that sorted shortly and finalize tuning.
                    EUROCOMPULSION - PERFORMANCE ABARTH, FIAT & ALFA PARTS

Comment

Thank you for the prompt replies. In regard to the JEEP Renegade tune wil that essentially be compatible (when released) with a 500x 1.4? Is the 500L 1.4 tune not compatible? Thanks for any help!

Comment

Hey, guys. Any update on the IC pipe, and maybe a intercooler for the renegade?

Comment

Originally posted by Dykota View Post
                          Hey, guys. Any update on the IC pipe, and maybe a intercooler for the renegade?
                          Shoot an email over to Jordan, that is his project he is working on.

Comment

Tried to write Phase 1 for 2014 500L. Waited for 20 minutes after start engine step to "wait until engine temperature is more than 90" and coolant temp was spot on after a few, but the progress bar never made it past 85% and it moved backward at times - just gave up and shut engine off (it was 28f outside).

Comment

Originally posted by daisy View Post
                              Tried to write Phase 1 for 2014 500L. Waited for 20 minutes after start engine step to "wait until engine temperature is more than 90" and coolant temp was spot on after a few, but the progress bar never made it past 85% and it moved backward at times - just gave up and shut engine off (it was 28f outside).
                              Hi Daisy,

Welcome to the forum. During this period you can gently rev the car a bit to keep the temps up. Please shoot us an email, we have other methods when it is that cold out to get past this step.

Comment

2014 us Abarth - I have had the EC boost leak fix over a year now - I have consistently had the P1CEA CEL through out this time period - it happen randomly - 100 miles to 500 miles and it depends when it pops up - I can clear the code and continue on my way - not a big deal for what the product provides - the issue I am having is that my evap monitor is never in a ready state - Id assume this is because of the bosst leak fix (not sure) again not an issue - except with the ec tune (that handles the o2 cel) because of my catless downpipe - My o2 monitor is never ready also - this is a big issue when getting an inspection in texas as your only allowed to have one monitor not ready - So up until this point I have put my stock cat back in for inspection (not a big deal, but a pain) I have thought about returning my evap to stock and hoping that would allow the the evap monitor to be in a ready state - but unfortunately my dumb ass through away the venturi tee when installing the boost leak fix -some advice (NGEN which i greatly appreciated )was given to use a vacuum tee from auto store and run new lines from charge pipe to evap connection - yet that still didnt work and I got the P1CEA code even more often - so im am not sure what to do to get rid of the constant p1cea and getting my evap monitor ready for inspection so i dont have to change the cat - the venturi tee can only be had from oem for $90plus and it comes with the stock tubing that is removed when installing boost leak - is there any way to buy a venturi tee by itself? I find it hard to justify that price just a for a tee - especially i dont know if that will even fix the issue or i need to change more out on the evap system?

I know this is a lot to digest - but in essence -
                                1. is the ec tune supposed to not allow the o2 monitor to not be in a ready state?
                                2. Can you buy a Venturi tee or equivalent to go back to stock?
                                3. Should i change anything else out on the EVAP system to get the monitor in ready state?

Thanks for all the help I really do appreciate it - just tying up loose ends before Twisted Sisters - Looking forward to seeing everybody there!

Comment

Working...
                                X