Jeep Renegade #1 U.S. Import from the EU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep Renegade #1 U.S. Import from the EU

Didn't realize the Renegade outsells all of the other makes and models from the EU.

Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	2653
    Phase 0, Rear Konis, Neu-f rear bar, El Gato Braces, Craven shifter

I didn't realize that either. I do see a lot of them, and the Renegade is a good vehicle. It's interesting that the 500X is the same car, yet as far as I can tell, it doesn't sell at all.

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by greg@eurocompulsion View Post
      I didn't realize that either. I do see a lot of them, and the Renegade is a good vehicle. It's interesting that the 500X is the same car, yet as far as I can tell, it doesn't sell at all.

Greg
      Brand perception is EVERYTHING. And unless Fiat gets serious about addressing it head on, the "Fix It Again" horsecrap will dog them forever.

In the meantime, Fiat just came in dead last in a quality survey. Porsche came in SECOND, which I find highly suspicious.

Comment

Originally posted by Mp3Guy View Post

Brand perception is EVERYTHING. And unless Fiat gets serious about addressing it head on, the "Fix It Again" horsecrap will dog them forever.

In the meantime, Fiat just came in dead last in a quality survey. Porsche came in SECOND, which I find highly suspicious.
        Yeah the quality surveys have been subjective BS or bought and paid for.. People were dogging on 2012 charger interiors when they were decidedly nicer than most of the competition. A few years later the same fools say the same interior is actually quite nice for the price point. It's all about the brand perception or who is "sponsoring"... I've considered a 500x for the wife's next car since they are dirt cheap used. Seems like a spectacular value (even fully optioned they cost nothing)

Comment

Also the alfa giulia in the US was ranked among the least reliable, and in the EU took 1st or 2nd place in the class... total hogwash.

Comment

Originally posted by bsd103 View Post
            Also the alfa giulia in the US was ranked among the least reliable, and in the EU took 1st or 2nd place in the class... total hogwash.
            You Sir, make some very good points.

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by bsd103 View Post
              This is what I love about automotive journalism in this country.

"On our long term test, we had to return our Honda-Nissan-Kia for a defective navigation cluster, and the dealership fixed it."

"The Alfa with the Ferrari engine threw a code. Stinking piece of sh*t."

I hear this all the time. We have owners with 500s pushing over 100,000 miles by now, and I've never seen a message board with so few complaints about breakdowns. Stuff wears out, like on every car. But you're not seeing mass failures like on so many other cars that escape this scrutiny. Honda risked the lives of millions of people with their Takata airbags, and came out without a scratch.

Can you imagine if ONE Fiat did that? They would be gone by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mp3Guy View Post

This is what I love about automotive journalism in this country.

"On our long term test, we had to return our Honda-Nissan-Kia for a defective navigation cluster, and the dealership fixed it."

"The Alfa with the Ferrari engine threw a code. Stinking piece of sh*t."

I hear this all the time. We have owners with 500s pushing over 100,000 miles by now, and I've never seen a message board with so few complaints about breakdowns. Stuff wears out, like on every car. But you're not seeing mass failures like on so many other cars that escape this scrutiny. Honda risked the lives of millions of people with their Takata airbags, and came out without a scratch.

Can you imagine if ONE Fiat did that? They would be gone by now.
                It's so funny a few years (I think it may actually be 4 or 5 now) ago when I bought my abarth used with a decent amount of mileage on it, I was fully expecting to encounter a bunch of issues, CELs, etc. I figured having got it for such a steal (~9k back then and it's fully optioned), I could deal with the consequences, especially considering the fun it provided. Fast forward a year later, hadn't had an issue. Fast forward several years later, I still haven't had any issue that wasn't related to a modification I had just performed (and swiftly remedied) or simply a part that was due for maintenance replacement. Car has been rock solid. All the money I saved in not having to fix it went into making it faster (and putting more stress on it). Still holding up.

Comment

Working...
                X