X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to Take the Gloves Off

I PM'd this to Fiat Cares this morning on the Blue site:
    Time to Take the Gloves Off

I would like the name of the people responsible for marketing the Fiat brand.

Yesterday, it was announced that the Ford Motor Company deliberately produced hundreds of thousands of cars with faulty transmissions, and knew about the problem for YEARS.

Think Fiat could live down a scandal like that?

How about the time Ford mistakenly put the WRONG HEAD GASKET on their RS Focus? Imagine if that happened to Alfa Romeo.

I'm getting a little sick of this. The Fiat brand obviously has a lingering and wholly unwarranted reputation for "bad quality" and you see owners here with very few complaints, the kids are amping up their Abarths to 240 wheel horsepower, and the worst thing that happens is they throw a code.

A lot of people besides the company have a lot invested in the brand, and now it appears the public is being prepared for a withdrawal from the U.S. market.

Not so fast. You need to meet this issue head on in the press, in marketing, and start getting in your competitors faces about how well these cars hold up. Especially compared to the Mini, which is a nightmare to own. You're not going to outsell the F-150. But there IS a place for this car in this market, and far more than you're making the effort for.

The address please- and to someone important.
    Phase 0, 4C Coils, Rear Konis, Neu-f rear bar, El Gato Braces, Craven shifter, Corza Forza Fazool Fizzle Fazzle

The problem really isn't the cars but the dealer service is often horrendous. They pay bottom dollar for techs and they get bottom dollar work unfortunately. People get frustrated coming back multiple times for the same issue and in the vast majority of cases it's something really simple. That's where the reputation is coming from. The cars are actually pretty fricken stellar for the abuse they get put through. I'm really not sure how they can remedy the situation, it's really difficult to fix a brand image. I want to blow my brains out every time I hear people say "fix it again tony"

Comment

Originally posted by bsd103 View Post
      The problem really isn't the cars but the dealer service is often horrendous. They pay bottom dollar for techs and they get bottom dollar work unfortunately. People get frustrated coming back multiple times for the same issue and in the vast majority of cases it's something really simple. That's where the reputation is coming from. The cars are actually pretty fricken stellar for the abuse they get put through. I'm really not sure how they can remedy the situation, it's really difficult to fix a brand image. I want to blow my brains out every time I hear people say "fix it again tony"
      The lack of dealer service is a direct result of the low sales from the poor reputation. No dealer will sink money into what they now believe is a "stranded asset." These things work hand in hand. Bring the sales and everything else falls into place. If the OEM won't commit, why in the world would the franchise holder?
      Phase 0, 4C Coils, Rear Konis, Neu-f rear bar, El Gato Braces, Craven shifter, Corza Forza Fazool Fizzle Fazzle

Comment

If gas was $6.00 a gallon, FIATS would be popular with a MUCH larger audience.

Comment

Working...
        X