MPx vs Neu F exhausts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPx vs Neu F exhausts

I was rear ended this past Saturday and will likely need a new exhaust. Hopefully it will just be the section that includes the Y and the rest back from that. I don't have the estimate yet but I will be getting it today or tomorrow. I am considering both the MPx and Neu F's as replacements. Since the work will be done by a shop I need to know first hand experience about plug and play for installing these. I don't want the shop to come back and tell me that an aftermarket item doesn't fit. Can anyone help?

I like my MPX but my personal experience was that I had to take it to a proper muffler shop to get tweaked after trying at install it with my buddy. He's a professional mechanic and we still couldn't get it sitting right with out some cutting and welding.

Comment

Funny, I just heard from someone else that it was plug and play. Not sure what I should do.

Comment

The Neu-F (both race and single exit) was literal plug and play. I didn't have to mess around with adjusting the brackets and everything lined right up.
        - Nguyen Consulting, LLC -

Offering IT Infrastructure consulting, implementation, and support for all your IT needs.

https://www.facebook.com/NguyenConsulting/

Comment

It’s basically a hit or miss.....I had my Neuf race adjusted by a muffler shop.....I would not worry about it......get the one you can grow with......I selected the Neuf coz I know I am gonna need at least a 2.5” exhaust system down the road and it is a well thought out set up.

Comment

Got the insurance claim. $9,854.01.!!! Some of that is A/C parts that were damaged in front that I didn't see. The stock exhaust part is $930. That is just the rear dual pipe portion. That was the only part damaged. My body shop will let me substitute the MPx and offset the difference to my deductible. Hopefully I should get reimbursed for the deductible anyway. Last thing for me is to get the insurance to pay for an alignment. It may be out due to the accident. They didn't drive it to tell. I think that it is warranted.

Comment

Have your body shop contact me and I can get the MPX exhaust to you. I’ve done this several times for people that get hit in the rear

Comment

Originally posted by lammie200 View Post
                Got the insurance claim. $9,854.01.!!! Some of that is A/C parts that were damaged in front that I didn't see. The stock exhaust part is $930. That is just the rear dual pipe portion. That was the only part damaged. My body shop will let me substitute the MPx and offset the difference to my deductible. Hopefully I should get reimbursed for the deductible anyway. Last thing for me is to get the insurance to pay for an alignment. It may be out due to the accident. They didn't drive it to tell. I think that it is warranted.
                $10k in damages and they didn't total it? Wow....

Comment

I am going to go over there today to see if I can see all the items that were listed on the claim. Quite honestly from the front, the car only looked like it needed a new license plate frame/holder. The claim is to replace the radiator and the A/C compressor. There are also items like sunroof and windshield gasketing. It was pinched out ever so slightly. There are removing the windshield and the fixed panel to fix it. They are taking off the side skirts. They are repainting the front and rear fenders/quarter panels. I didn't see any damage to any of that stuff. I don't know if overkill is the right word, but I ain't paying for it, so have at it. The shop is great. They have about 150 Yelp reviews and almost every single one, if not every one, is 5 stars. They are right around the corner from where I live and were already talking about discounting me some of the deductible for being a neighbor. It's a 2017, btw. Probably close the point of being totalled, but the airbags didn't go off. Might be kinda hard to claim a total just because of that.
                  Last edited by lammie200; 03-23-2019, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NGEN View Post
                    Have your body shop contact me and I can get the MPX exhaust to you. I’ve done this several times for people that get hit in the rear
                    Thanks. I'll see what I can do. How does the MPx and the Neu-f compare in your opinion? I would be going the no muffler with the Neu-f if I went that route.
                    Last edited by lammie200; 03-23-2019, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Here are some pics. You can see the windshield gasketing. All four wheel wells at the fenders are getting work and repainted. The pic makes it look like the tailgate is damaged, but it isn't. I am keeping the old exhaust as a part, but will replace it with the MPx or Neu-f.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1851.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	3099Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1847.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	3100Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1849.JPG
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	3101Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1848.JPG
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	3102

Comment

Originally posted by NGEN View Post
                        Hey Brian,

I gave the body shop your info. It is just a matter of if I order it and deliver it to them or they order it directly. You should be hearing more shortly.

Ken

Comment

Gotcha covered! Thanks!

Comment

Sweet. Thanks to you. I really like this body shop. I am going to deliver them some cookies on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by lammie200 View Post
                              Sweet. Thanks to you. I really like this body shop. I am going to deliver them some cookies on Saturday.
                              You know.... I like cookies too.....

Comment

Working...
                              X