Parrot Asteroid Classic from Alfa 4C

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parrot Asteroid Classic from Alfa 4C

I read the EC guys that they had a parrot unit from a 4C installed on a 500; possible to provide some more info as to compatibility, ease of install etc.. I'm looking to replace, and would like to maintain single din with a semi smart/connective option

Thanks
    Last edited by romanoaf; 02-02-2019, 10:45 PM.
    13' Abarth

The Parrot is kind of a dated unit. If you're in the market for a single DIN replacement,, there are plenty of well priced options out there. Finding the proper harness should be easy if you want to maintain steering wheel controls..
    Last edited by Mp3Guy; 02-03-2019, 12:45 PM.
    Phase 0, Rear Konis, Neu-f rear bar, El Gato Braces, Craven shifter

Comment

Originally posted by Mp3Guy View Post
      The Parrot is kind of a dated unit. If you're in the market for a single DIN replacement,, there are plenty of well priced options out there. Finding the proper harness should be easy if you want to maintain steering wheel controls..
      I agree, it also doesn't have the best reviews, even alfa replaced it with an Alpine unit. I can't find any current single DIN units that offer the connectivity and TFT display that the parrot unit had though. Closest may be JVC KD-AV300, but it's also dated (2013). Any suggestions?
      13' Abarth

Comment

I have it both in my 4C (from the factory) and in my 500. Chris did the install (I was there, but was doing something else, and wasn't very attentive). I believe it was pretty straightforward for the most part but he will have to chime in with exactly what we did.

I will say, you are probably better off getting another replacement. It looks better and functions slightly better than the factory blue&Me, but it is very dated, and is still frustrating to use sometimes (like how my music must sync AND play when I first get into the car before I can take or make any phone calls and be connected to bluetooth. If I'm already on the phone and get into my car, forget it, absolutely not, the Parrot cannot handle it lol, so be prepared to leave the phone on speaker). Also, I have no steering wheel control input. It does have clearer mic pickup and audio, but the losing the steering wheel control inputs is a bummer.

One upside with the 500: if you have the factory Bose system, wow does the Parrot tune it beautifully. After messing around with the equalizer and tuning the bass/subwoofer, it sounds like I have an aftermarket system in the car now. It's awesome. But I suspect any good quality replacement will be able to do this. Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by romanoaf View Post

I agree, it also doesn't have the best reviews, even alfa replaced it with an Alpine unit. I can't find any current single DIN units that offer the connectivity and TFT display that the parrot unit had though. Closest may be JVC KD-AV300, but it's also dated (2013). Any suggestions?
          I dont think there's another unit out there with a screen on a single DIN. What I may do as a Spring project is pop in a double DIN unit. Still thinking about it.. With the ready made harnesses and adaptors available,.it makes it easier. If you still want to go single DIN, use Crutchfield's website to find compatible pairing. You'll also need a Metra or Schosche backplate, I believe.
          Phase 0, Rear Konis, Neu-f rear bar, El Gato Braces, Craven shifter

Comment

Working...
          X