P006D code and MM piggyback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P006D code and MM piggyback

So yeah, I was getting P006D codes quite a bit. I read on a Google search that it may be piggybox related so I pulled my MM box that had been happily working fine for over a year prior and the code has stopped appearing. BUT, the car is still running a bit crap. Full throttle starts at 12psi and creeps up to about 15psi on the factory gauge. Had always hovered around 18psi in the past.

So... two questions. I was hoping to get a few dollars back with reselling the MM piggyback, but I'm not going to sell somebody a bad unit if something is off with it. So wondering if it is just exaggerating something else that is wrong.

Secondly, does any of this sound familiar with anyone? I still need to check for vac leaks and I plan on cleaning the aos and replacing the PCV, but I'm hoping for some direction of likely problems.

Getting frustrated with this as I've been fighting with a crap running car for months now. MAP sensor already changed and that helped, but ... car hasn't given me any joy in a long time and the love is fading. Fast.
    I meant to do that.

Boost leak test.

Comment

Clamp at throttle body and also change the clamps at the plastic charge pipe. Do it for peace of mind as that is a common place for boost leaks

Comment

Cracked and leaking pcv seems to have been the issue. At least it looks like it so far. Thanks for the advice though.
        I meant to do that.

Comment

Working...
        X