Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Drink Minimum
    commented on 's reply
    Yep, this is EXACTLY my concern. I can tell you that my 2013 Abarth (with '14 motor) has ZERO space to give. I had to remove the fog lights and dremel the hell out of the fascia plastic to get a fit. And even then, it's a stretch with the EC FMIC.

• texanbrit
    replied
    I've not done a condensor replacement, but I have seen a lot of threads where people ate finding the after-market condensor is bigger than OEM. This only seems to be an issue if you are running an FMIC. Just something to watch for.

Leave a comment:

• Two Drink Minimum
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks. It looks like a straightforward swap. Do you recall what model condenser you went with? I can't afford any increase in depth on the thing!

That said, I need to rule out first that it isn't the condenser. I switched on the AC while at idle and didn't feel any vibration or change in RPM, which doesn't seem right. There's usually some vibration when the AC is engaged and working.

• BecauseAbarth
    replied
    Not sure about the compressor - but I had the same problem with my condenser and FMIC - I ordered a new one from Rock auto and did the install in 45mins - I belive you need some e-torx sockets for a couple of bolts - when I removed my FMIC I saw where the hole had been rubbed through and where the AC green dye had leaked out - once you replace it , you have to get the system refilled with freon and a little bit of oil - or do it yourself if you have the tools

Nothing to complicated to replace as long as you have some basic mechanical knowledge

Leave a comment:

• Two Drink Minimum
    started a topic Replacing condenser on '13 500 Abarth

Replacing condenser on '13 500 Abarth

Spring is finally arriving up here in Vermont, with temps in the high 70s. But when I hit the AC, I got nothing. I'm guessing that my incredibly tight EC FMIC install has finally rubbed the condenser enough to put a hole in the thing. But before I start making a mess, I thought I'd check in here.

Has anyone done a condenser replacement? Any tricks or sticking points I should know about? Also, any advice on how to confirm that the condenser is, in fact, the problem? I'd hate to replace the condenser only to find the compressor is toast.

Thanks.
Working...
X