STOCK Fiat 124 on a Dynojet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STOCK Fiat 124 on a Dynojet

There is so much discussion about dynos these days, and I think a lot of people have forgotten how a dead stock car looks on a 2wd Dynojet. I think we at EC were the first to put one on, it was a 124 automatic. Here is the chart directly off of the Eurcompulsion site.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EC124spider_042f80f0-c0fd-4463-8f64-7e8079a6289a.jpg?10158036590064673280.jpg
Views:	577
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	2799

The second run had the highest horsepower which was 139.53. A bit of run to run variation is normal, which is why it's a good idea to do several pulls.

This chart and other pictures of the car on the dyno have been up on our site since July of 2017 (about when the 124s first showed up in the US). We have had 2wd Dynojet results for the 500 Abarth both in stock and tuned configurations since early 2013. Anyone telling you that we have said these cars can't be run on a 2wd dyno is simply LYING to you. Not only have we never said that, we have been doing it and posting the results.

We do take the stand that a tuned car (meaning a 500 Abarth or 124 with the MM ecu) will behave differently on a dyno if it senses a difference in wheel speeds. Obviously we are talking about our tunes as we don't make claims about how other tuners products behave in this regard, that's up to them.

Our official results are based on the most advanced dyno we could buy, which has hydraulically linked and monitored rollers, and the ability to log parameters directly from the ECU. I don't think we could come up with a better or more accurate way to measure horsepower. Yet, in addition to our official charts, we post customer dynojet results, and we explain how to test using road dyno software like Auterra.

Here are out official dyno results for our Manual 124 Abarth.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EURODRIVE_NEW_124_ABARTH_1.jpg?v=1544125946.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	2800

As you can see, in stock configuration it shows a little more power than we saw on the Dynojet, but this is a manual vs. automatic, plus different car on a different day, but both are in the same ball park in terms of stock numbers. It's about a three or four horsepower difference.

Recently I saw someone making a claim on another forum that a certain dyno reads low. So I thought it would be a good idea to show what a stock car looks like using two dynos that are as different as night and day. If both are calibrated correctly, they are not that different.

Greg

Greg, any idea what happened to Auterra? It seems they've gone out of business. I cannot even find their products used anywhere. I wish I had picked up one of their products a long time ago.
    2017 FIAT 124 Spider Lusso | EC Euro+Drive Phase 2 | EC V4 intake | EC intercooler | Full GWR exhaust with SportCat | Forge wastegate actuator | GFB DV+ | PTP Lava turbo blanket | Speedhut boost and IAT gauges | Cravenspeed gauge vent pods

Comment

I don't know. Their website is up, http://www.auterraweb.com/dashdynoseries.html , but I have not tried to buy anything from them, or contact them in a while.

Greg

Comment

Yah, all of their products have been "out of stock" for at least 6 months.
        2017 FIAT 124 Spider Lusso | EC Euro+Drive Phase 2 | EC V4 intake | EC intercooler | Full GWR exhaust with SportCat | Forge wastegate actuator | GFB DV+ | PTP Lava turbo blanket | Speedhut boost and IAT gauges | Cravenspeed gauge vent pods

Comment

Hmm, have you emailed them?

Greg

Comment

I just shot them an email a few hours ago, we will see if I get a response.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkcohen View Post
              I just shot them an email a few hours ago, we will see if I get a response.
              Excellent, let us know. I called them, but nobody answered, but the number is active, which I guess means someone is paying the bill.

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

Excellent, let us know. I called them, but nobody answered, but the number is active, which I guess means someone is paying the bill.

Greg
                I’ve got no reply yet, I’ll try calling them, too.

Comment

I tried calling them, also e-mailed them early last year. Still haven't received anything back. It confuses me why a company would pay for web hosting but not sell a product.

Comment

Working...
                  X