Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 124 May Get Axed

https://carbuzz.com/news/is-the-fiat...-be-killed-off

It's not the car's fault. There's nothing wrong with it. But low slung two seaters are problematic in the market at this time. In the UK, only the Abarth and GT model are available.

MX-5 sales have also cratered. With a market this small, it's easy to saturate it in very short order.

In the meantime, my dealer sent me an ad for $5000 off MSRP. "Buy straw hats in winter" as they say,

I was happy when the car came out- I owned a 1974 1756cc car when I was younger, and it was great seeing this iteration. But this is where we are today. As much as I like them, it's hard to see myself owning one.
    Phase 0, 4C Coils, Rear Konis, Neu-f rear bar, El Gato Braces, Craven shifter, Corza Forza Fazool Fizzle Fazzle

They are definitely great cars. We wanted to purchase one as well but were hesitant and wanted to see how the market was. Lots of people are modifying them though.

Comment

They released 2020 options and ordering to the dealers so hopefully not just yet. Its a great little car.
      EUROCOMPULSION - PERFORMANCE ABARTH, FIAT & ALFA PARTS

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        They released 2020 options and ordering to the dealers so hopefully not just yet. Its a great little car.
        I really want one of these, but it doesn't have the practicality to replace the 500, or my second car, or my truck, or the garage space occupied by the 3 motorcycles. I need a bigger garage and some really bad self justification to pull the trigger, and probably a lot of potential buyers may feel the same.

Comment

To be honest it's probably more popular in the USA than in the UK. Convertibles and roadsters, even when sold in the Euro market by Euro companies tend to often be targeted at the US market. In the UK it looks like the brand division between Fiat and Abarth may be in play also: Stop selling it as a Fiat, but possibly keep it as an Abarth.

Comment

The UK was the only market I'm aware of where non-Abarth RHD cars were being sold - those have been dropped now bringing the UK in line with Japan and Australia. I think the 124 will continue to be available as long as the ND MX-5 is being built. Sergio Marchionne said as much shortly before he had to step down.
            He's not the Messiah

2017 124 Abarth 6MT Forte Black
            Forge Recirculating BOV
            Eurocompulsion stuff - V4.1 Intake, Oil catch can, Intercooler
            Autoricambi / Tork Phase 1
            PTP Turbo Blanket
            Alfa 4C Coils
            Complete collection of incredibly overpriced OEM alcantara trim pieces
            Ameridan's fabulous ICE tweaks
            SoundDeadenerShowdown CLD tiles in trunk
            SigmaKore ceramic coating

Comment

My fav 124 Abarth trim, hard to find though.

Comment

The 124 has been pulled from the UK. Could be a currency issue playing a part in this decision.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/aba...r-sale-britain
                Phase 0, 4C Coils, Rear Konis, Neu-f rear bar, El Gato Braces, Craven shifter, Corza Forza Fazool Fizzle Fazzle

Comment

I pulled the trigger and bought a 2019 124

Comment

Sharp! Best of luck with it. Great car, just an ever shrinking market.

Comment

2020 Fiat 124 Spider Returns For The New Model Year:

Sporty Roadster Is Virtually Unchanged For New Model Year...

https://moparinsiders.com/2020-fiat-...ew-model-year/

​​​​​​​

Comment

I hate to say it, but the one on the right hit all of the right notes.

Look how FAT cars have gotten.

Comment

Working...
                        X