X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FCACHATADMIN(2) View Post

*misguided
    Thank you... and who may I ask is this? Chris, Greg, ???

With EC owning this page, I have no idea why they have an admin, why not just post under your actual name?

Comment

• More of the same from Tork, 'I'm right and you're wrong '.
      I'm also quite sure that Tork can get more power out of a custom tune for 1/4 mile than an EC phase 2 canned tune. Which do I want for a daily driver? The EC tune because I want my car to last for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorkMe View Post

Thank you... and who may I ask is this? Chris, Greg, ???

With EC owning this page, I have no idea why they have an admin, why not just post under your actual name?
        Is that so you can misspell their names too?!

None of the above, my friend. There are a few admins and moderators, not sure how that makes any difference for you.

Look, have you stated your case yet, or...? Because this is kind of spinning off into a number of tangents, some of which I'm not very excited about allowing to continue. If it's going to stray from technical stuff, or open honest debate like you said you wanted, I'm going to shut some of these down. Stick to the topic, or don't, and I'll know what I need to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
          Its called competitor B shooting across the bow of competitor A, plain and simple to build up business for competitor B.

The car was not running a big turbo tune and further more if we ran our cars lean, like it was claimed, it would have been an issue a very long-time ago.

Another idea:

They claim the cars can be dyno'd "accurately" on a 2wd dyno with tune modifications.

So was our tune modified to be able to run on a dyno?

What else was modified within our tune?

Was our tune actually applied to the car?

Lots of questions to say the least. With so many variables and questions, how are we to answer accurately?
          Chris, the car was lean. I know why it was lean, but... it would be me posting false information based on EC handles themselves online.

Yes, your tune was put on the dyno. Nothing was changed. Yes, your tuned was applied to the car, but I see where this is going now. So, the customer went to another dyno with your tune and me not being present at the different location He did this without me even knowing this was going to happen. Guess what... same results +/- 5 whp from our dyno.

Chris, simple question bud. Why doesn't the stock car dyno results not fall off on a 2WD dyno? Remove tuning, mods, everything related to making the car go fast. Why, when you dyno on any dyno 2WD... the power doesn't fall off as per the claims made by Greg in regards to the wheel speed sensors? If you nor Greg wish to answer this, can you please get me someone who can answer them?

Comment

• Originally posted by FCACHATADMIN(2) View Post

Is that so you can misspell their names too?!

None of the above, my friend. There are a few admins and moderators, not sure how that makes any difference for you.

Look, have you stated your case yet, or...? Because this is kind of spinning off into a number of tangents, some of which I'm not very excited about allowing to continue. If it's going to stray from technical stuff, or open honest debate like you said you wanted, I'm going to shut some of these down. Stick to the topic, or don't, and I'll know what I need to do.
            Wait, you correct my spelling claiming that I am going off topic? Then, threaten to ban me because of my going off topic? Really? I will stay the course, if everyone else will do the same. Sound fair to you?

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	151
Size:	923.5 KB
ID:	2454

Do you get into arguments with every admin, where ever you go? Are you following your own conversations?

I wasn't aware that I threatened to ban you, I'm going to shut down some topics, captain (and not just this one).

Comment

• how many torn up valve covers/multi-air bricks/springs/cams/heads have EC ruined in the past 30 days...
                how many torn up valve covers/multi-air bricks/springs/cams/heads have Tork ruined in the past 30 days...

Let those answers speak for themselves when you decide on whether you want 5-10 more hp or a reliable build with 5hp-10hp less. The choice is obvious for me; I know there is risk in modding, but I would rather have more R&D and Testing done before releasing tunes or products, I know one of these companies does that with every thing they release and they are very clear about communicating that is the reason for any delay in release, for the safety of the engines in the long run. If something as small as a spring was an oversight, I would be moving to a different company for something more advanced like electronics, I wouldnt want any oversight or early releasing of that.
                Sorry to go off topic yet again, but what is this topic again lol

Edit: adding a tip for TorkMe, Microsoft Word allows you to check your spelling, and it will alert you towards words that dont fit properly in a sentence. If you copy your comment and paste it in Microsoft Word to run the spell check function before posting on here, it would help everyone understand what you are saying. Some of the stuff you have said I have a hard time translating because I dont know what word you actually meant to use.
                Last edited by bryon_500; 02-13-2019, 04:38 PM. Reason: Adding a Spell Check tip for TorkMe

Comment

What would be the correct maps then? There are 1000's of maps inside the ECU and very, very few of them have anything to do with acceleration curves or distance travelled over time.

Our 2WD dyno developed tunes are proven performers in the 1/4 mile and on several autox tracks across the nation. I do not believe that an AWD linked dyno would make the tune, any better or worse.
                  I know there are 1000s of maps, but don't know how many have to do with acceleration curves, etc. Was merely a hypothesis for why there would be a difference. If EC is seeing different behavior linked vs 2wd and knowing there is a very real possibility FCA used a software solution to manipulate the results of the standardized EPA dyno test, that leads me to believe that there could very well be a set of maps specifically being queried for the 2wd dyno scenario, which have become the basis for your tuning. You know a lot more about tuning than I probably ever will though, so this is me just using reasoning. It would be great to see your tunes on a linked dyno proving that they perform the same (within normal fluctuations/variability of course). I'm not interested in pitting EC vs Tork in this thread, just want to figure out the confusion and maybe misunderstandings between tuning philosophies on this platform.

Comment

• Originally posted by bryon_500 View Post
                    how many torn up valve covers/multi-air bricks/springs/cams/heads have EC ruined in the past 30 days...
                    how many torn up valve covers/multi-air bricks/springs/cams/heads have Tork ruined in the past 30 days...

Let those answers speak for themselves when you decide on whether you want 5-10 more hp or a reliable build with 5hp-10hp less. The choice is obvious for me; I know there is risk in modding, but I would rather have more R&D and Testing done before releasing tunes or products, I know one of these companies does that with every thing they release and they are very clear about communicating that is the reason for any delay in release, for the safety of the engines in the long run. If something as small as a spring was an oversight, I would be moving to a different company for something more advanced like electronics, I wouldnt want any oversight or early releasing of that.
                    Sorry to go off topic yet again, but what is this topic again lol

Edit: adding a tip for TorkMe, Microsoft Word allows you to check your spelling, and it will alert you towards words that dont fit properly in a sentence. If you copy your comment and paste it in Microsoft Word to run the spell check function before posting on here, it would help everyone understand what you are saying. Some of the stuff you have said I have a hard time translating because I dont know what word you actually meant to use.
                    Not even sure what the MA units being torn up has to do with this, but our current number is 6. We have dealt with and addressed this, so if this MultiAir spring issue is all you have to continually fall back on, so be it.

Are you implying that we didn't have proper testing or development time on these?

5 of the original 6 cars are still running the orginal springs. I would have to double check but the combined mileage from those 6 cars is over 100k miles. One car has over 26k miles on it now. What would have been acceptable for "test and development" time?

How many hot side intercooler pipes have failed on the EC intercooler kit? How many revisions did EC have to make to get rid of the check engine light with their 124 and 500 intake? How many 1000's of test miles did they have on those parts before releasing them, and what have they done to address and increase the longevity of those parts?

Now, I am sure someone will come in and say that I am playing the victim again, or some other BS about me taking the blame away from me or my products. Simply not the case, because we openly admitted to the spring failure, and addressed it on social media, emails, phone calls and here on the forums.

We called out the specification for the spring, and the manufacture didn't meet that requirement. Its not as if the spring came with a label on it saying that it will meet this xxx specification, lol. It was an oversight, that we addressed.

I will do a better job of checking my replies, sorry about the confusion.

Comment

• Originally posted by bsd103 View Post

I know there are 1000s of maps, but don't know how many have to do with acceleration curves, etc. Was merely a hypothesis for why there would be a difference. If EC is seeing different behavior linked vs 2wd and knowing there is a very real possibility FCA used a software solution to manipulate the results of the standardized EPA dyno test, that leads me to believe that there could very well be a set of maps specifically being queried for the 2wd dyno scenario, which have become the basis for your tuning. You know a lot more about tuning than I probably ever will though, so this is me just using reasoning. It would be great to see your tunes on a linked dyno proving that they perform the same (within normal fluctuations/variability of course). I'm not interested in pitting EC vs Tork in this thread, just want to figure out the confusion and maybe misunderstandings between tuning philosophies on this platform.
                      The question you need to ask is this.

How come stock cars on a 2WD dynos do not suffer the claimed power limitation or power loss the EC claims happens? Why is it, these stock cars on 2WD dyno's do not suffer from this condition?

We already have put a tuned car on a linked dyno, the numbers didn't change. Both my tune and EC's tune.

There is a whole thread dedicated to this, and lots of excuses as to why this is happening.

Comment

• It would appear that the stock car on a 2WD dyno question is not going to get answered by EC?

Comment

Not even sure what the MA units being torn up has to do with this, but our current number is 6. We have dealt with and addressed this, so if this MultiAir spring issue is all you have to continually fall back on, so be it.

Are you implying that we didn't have proper testing or development time on these?

5 of the original 6 cars are still running the orginal springs. I would have to double check but the combined mileage from those 6 cars is over 100k miles. One car has over 26k miles on it now. What would have been acceptable for "test and development" time?

How many hot side intercooler pipes have failed on the EC intercooler kit? How many revisions did EC have to make to get rid of the check engine light with their 124 and 500 intake? How many 1000's of test miles did they have on those parts before releasing them, and what have they done to address and increase the longevity of those parts?

Now, I am sure someone will come in and say that I am playing the victim again, or some other BS about me taking the blame away from me or my products. Simply not the case, because we openly admitted to the spring failure, and addressed it on social media, emails, phone calls and here on the forums.

We called out the specification for the spring, and the manufacture didn't meet that requirement. Its not as if the spring came with a label on it saying that it will meet this xxx specification, lol. It was an oversight, that we addressed.

I will do a better job of checking my replies, sorry about the confusion.
                          You are playing victim, once again. You can’t even keep your stories straight on here versus what you say on social media, it’s all just empty fluff.

6 cars?! Yeah okay (your own customers who have reported problems openly number more than that, in case you haven’t kept track).

Case in point, you’ve been on social media stating that this Dart owner was banned from this forum by EC, because of blah blah blah I’m/he’s a victim story. That is absolutely untrue, he’s a member here and is registered, he is free to post anytime (wonder why he hasn’t??). I checked.

I sincerely feel feel bad for this community, and anyone that listens to what you have to say. They probably don’t realize that the majority of it is proveable nonsense (it literally is just stuff you make up to gain some competitive advantage) and when you’re opposed, you react very poorly and in immature fashion.

Comment

Working...
                          X