Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it simply amazing that people still think it makes sense to tune these cars on a 2wd dyno. Then I hear them saying how the car loses so much power in the mid-4000 RPM range

Comment

• doverosx
      doverosx commented
      Editing a comment
      bsd103, I thought I proved it pretty damn well. Maybe you didn't see my thread on brokenfiatclub?

The car does not reduce airflow (boost, throttle body, ignition timing, injector duty cycle) "because it is on a 2wd dyno". The ECU has a number of limiters like "acceleration over time"/"torque request condition #XXX" and a few more. When bumping up against any of these limiters, the ECU may close the throttle body. With my EC Phase 1 tune, I never saw the throttle body close once on the road nor on the dyno, it just never happened and that tune had more bottom end than my Phase 2 tune...it really was my favourite tune from EC; a close second was the TF tune. For phase 2 I observed that the car snapping the throttle body closed (sometimes leaving it open a smidge (20%)), when doing 4th gear pulls on the dyno. Replicating air/coolant temps and repeating the same test on a rented (bribed) race track, the throttle body snapped close just the same. It's a torque request ECU with 3D closed loop boost control and the throttle body is used just the same by many other manufacturers.

Now, let's try it another way. The Fiesta ST puts down around 185whp in stock form (https://media.ed.edmunds-media.com/n...023133_600.jpg) and it pulls a 14.9 at 94.6MPH (https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford...st-first-test/). In other words, my car puts the same power down on the dyno and was able to achieve the same trap speed repeatedly...interestingly, the same time so I might have beaten Motor Trends' 60' there.

• bsd103
      bsd103 commented
      Editing a comment
      So you're trying to explain that 2wd vs linked doesn't matter and then try to explain a power drop off when your throttle body was closing on phase 2 even off of a dyno? Seems like there was a problem with the car. Maybe you weren't even making the torque figures you'd have to reach for the car to close the TB on the 2wd dyno on P1. You have a sample size of 1 on what seems like a car that wasn't 100% sound. I'm not discounting what you saw, but think about it.

Originally posted by FCACHATADMIN(2) View Post

I'll take a moment to remind you of rule #10 from the rules and regulation section:

"10. Any attempt to hide/distort your IP address with the Intent to falsely represent yourself or company will result in a Permanent Ban. "

I've let it go on for a week or two now (your IP origin notates VPN usage (meaning you're not from Amsterdam), and that's from multiple look-up sources). You can use a VPN elsewhere on the internet, I don't care. But it's against the rules here. Everyone else present is out in the open, if you're going to argue with people, you should be out in the open also

There won't be any argument about it. I'll give you a reasonable chance to fix it, or the rule will be enforced. If you're unhappy with the rule, kindly take your VPN to another forum. Thanks!
    If this is true, can I comment without being banned? I have no intentions of advertising, or selling products. I just want to offer an open and honest discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by bsd103 View Post
      I find it simply amazing that people still think it makes sense to tune these cars on a 2wd dyno. Then I hear them saying how the car loses so much power in the mid-4000 RPM range
      If the admin will allow it, I will give my feed back on this question/reason for the power drop off.

Comment

John, I am a bit busy at the moment. I just got home after 30+ days on the road. After I deal with family and business stuff I'll be more than happy to have this discussion with you. That will likely be in several days.

Comment

John, happy to have you in the discussion. Let's just keep it civil in here, no bashing each other

Comment

Originally posted by TorkMe View Post

If the admin will allow it, I will give my feed back on this question/reason for the power drop off.
            OK, I'm back.

John, thank you very much for waiting for me. I do want to hear what you have to say regarding the power drop off on the dyno. I just didn't want the conversation to get side tracked while I was traveling and unable to respond. I should be able to check the forum at least once every 24 hours for the next few days, so let's get this started.

Greg

Comment

Checking in.

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by greg@eurocompulsion View Post
                Checking in.

Greg
                Not sure if this was intentional, but this thread no longer appears in the "latest" activity filter, so updates may not be noticed

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bsd103 View Post

Not sure if this was intentional, but this thread no longer appears in the "latest" activity filter, so updates may not be noticed
                    I have no idea how this forum works, but I'm quite sure John will be able to find this thread when he wants to.

Greg

Comment

He's too busy slinging mud on Facebook, likely trying to take the attention off of springs exploding in peoples multiair units.

Comment

Checking in.....

Greg

Comment

Ok, first we must address why people think the non 4WD dynos cause power to fall off. What is happening inside the ECU (please post maps) that makes this happen.

If there are not maps or reasons given, then... we start from scratch and pretend that its not a dyno issue but a tune issue.

Next, newman is a moderator on this page. I refuse to interact or answer any of his mockery. If, he continues to make a mockery of me or my posts, then... we will have to wait for the FCA engineer Q&A session to be released, explaining how any dyno doesn't effect horsepower or torque.

If this forum is about getting information to the community, then let the people who know this area of the car talk without being harassed by the moderators or admin.

Comment

The first thing you might do is spell my name properly. The second thing you might do is accept the environment you've yourself created. I stated nothing but fact, mister Facebook mud slinger. Kisses... XOXO

Comment

Here's a good start to the conversation....

Comment

Working...
                              X