Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have heard about this car that was on youtube, very interesting. The part I found interesting was tork's stage 1 tune from over a year ago for a dart running stock turbo made more power than eurocompulsions phase 2 tune for stock turbo on eurocompulsions own custom modified turbo. Dimsport dyno's are over priced junk, mainline dyno's are way better. More people in the world have mainline dyno's.

Comment

Originally posted by JustBob View Post
      I have heard about this car that was on youtube, very interesting. The part I found interesting was tork's stage 1 tune from over a year ago for a dart running stock turbo made more power than eurocompulsions phase 2 tune for stock turbo on eurocompulsions own custom modified turbo. Dimsport dyno's are over priced junk, mainline dyno's are way better. More people in the world have mainline dyno's.
      Wow! Is that so? I wonder what's up with that? Maybe we all should check it out because obviously nobody here has heard of that car or seen that video. End of debate if true!

Comment

Ironic timing is ironic.

Comment

try to keep the thread civil guys, I intended this to be informative and a place to discuss in a productive manner, not for starting flame wars lol

Comment

Is this a teaser for the next EC video???

Comment

LOL Alvin.

I don't think anything "happened" to the tune. It's a bog standard P2 tune intended around the 1446 so it has all the OTS limiters in place and if those limiters are being bumped against with the 1446, any other higher flowing TEARBOW will do so with ease.

Comment

Originally posted by mneuman916 View Post
                Ironic timing is ironic.
                What is ironic? Are you suffering from paranoia?

Comment

What is ironic? Are you suffering from paranoia?
                  I'm as much paranoid as you are effective at trolling.

Comment

IDimsport dyno's are over priced junk, mainline dyno's are way better. More people in the world have mainline dyno's.
                    Magneti Marelli uses a Dimsport HLS 4wd dyno just as we do. There is a very good reason for that.

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

Magneti Marelli uses a Dimsport HLS 4wd dyno just as we do. There is a very good reason for that.

Greg
                      You could only name one other than yourself? Congrats you are one of the few in comparison to what the rest of the industry uses.

Comment

You could only name one other than yourself? Congrats you are one of the few in comparison to what the rest of the industry uses.
                        Do you really think you have any credibility here, while you sit there hiding behind your VPN to mask who you really are?

Hint: We know who you really are. Get a life.

Comment

• bsd103
                          bsd103 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yeah I'm pretty sure I narrowed it down to 2 people and that was before I even knew he was using a VPN haha

• mneuman916
                          mneuman916 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It was Alex. He wasn't even smart enough to create a new registration email that wasn't traceable. It was pretty easy to tell who it was just by the fact that he has the grammar of a middle school student.

I'll take a moment to remind you of rule #10 from the rules and regulation section:

"10. Any attempt to hide/distort your IP address with the Intent to falsely represent yourself or company will result in a Permanent Ban. "

I've let it go on for a week or two now (your IP origin notates VPN usage (meaning you're not from Amsterdam), and that's from multiple look-up sources). You can use a VPN elsewhere on the internet, I don't care. But it's against the rules here. Everyone else present is out in the open, if you're going to argue with people, you should be out in the open also

There won't be any argument about it. I'll give you a reasonable chance to fix it, or the rule will be enforced. If you're unhappy with the rule, kindly take your VPN to another forum. Thanks!

Comment

Comment

The one I mentioned is Magneti Marelli, the very people that make the ECU. They know how it works, and when testing they use a Dimsport dyno, and it's exactly the same model we use. They are by no means the only one. I just didn't feel the need to make a list.

As it turns out, I am in Germany at the moment, and NOT hiding my ip so admins can verify that. A quick search here on google turned up three other tuners of various types of vehicles on JUST the first page all of which use the Dimsport HLS type dyno. I'll post the links below. Furthermore, nearly everyone in Europe uses a 4wd dyno for these cars, if not a Dimsport then something else at least similar. Very few use 2wd dynos on these cars. The people tuning these cars with 2wd dynos are in the extreme minority.

Here are those google results I mentioned:

https://www.facebook.com/RecodeTunin...0846445162590/

http://www.eliteremaps.com/elite-products/dyno-services

https://www.turboperformance.shop/ch.../dimsport/?p=1

The first two talk about why the Dimsport dyno is the way to go on modern cars. The third is in German so I didn't read it.

Greg
                            Last edited by [email protected]; 01-28-2019, 12:05 PM.

Comment

It's occurred to me that various people are trying to force the false narrative that EC is in the minority and that most tuners working with these cars do their testing and tuning on "what they call the "industry standard 2wd dynojet" or something similar. That's simply NOT true, and I don't think it has been true for at least a couple years.

The evidence is pretty easy to find. While there are still a few tuners running these cars in 2wd mode most are not. Now I don't know what these tuners say, but I can see what they do, and if it involves a Magneti Marelli ECU on a Fiat or Alfa than more often than not they run them on a linked awd dyno for tuning and testing.

Let's see:

Chiptuning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSOPp9TgFoM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hQQM9vXT50

Biesse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be6C26qqfRs

HRE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMuHc7R6lmI

BR Performance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GP-47nTQq8

Comment

Working...